Friday, August 26, 2005

 

Watch This Space

Somehow I managed to come down with the 'dreaded lurgy' on Monday afternoon, despite my best efforts at dodging it.
I was too sick to go to work on Tuesday & Wednesday, and even though I felt pretty lousy I managed to get quite a bit of knitting (and un-knitting) done, so much so that I have finished Lacey's armhole decreases, yay! It feels like I'm making real progress with this one, maybe it has to do with the fact that I had already knit half the body before I put it aside.
I also knit a bit on J's socks, they're almost the same length now and just about ready for some heel turning.
I also spent a bit of time trawling the net from my sickbed and noticed that Kim Hargreaves had her new Autumn collection out, I really like Erethral and Temptation sort of speaks to me too, but I'm not too sure about the others. Debbie Bliss also has a couple of new books out, Alpaca Silk Two and Simply Soft of which none of the patterns really impressed me that much (quick take that girl's temperature, she must be REALLY sick!)

I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of a new shipment of Alpaca & Alpaca/Silk Yarns for Live 2 Knit, and despite not getting any feedback on my query about new additions to the range I have plunged ahead and ordered both of them in DK weight as well as the original Fingering & Bulky weights. I've also ordered a small amount of Soy Silk to have a play with, so I should have lots of exciting parcels turning up in the next couple of weeks. I can't wait, as I have a few new colours milling about in my head I'm eager to test out.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?