Monday, August 22, 2005

 

Finally a FO!

I'll spare you yet more WIP pics of the Snakes & Ladder's stole, instead I've got FO pics to show you, yes the S&LS is FIN-NISHED! Don't believe me - check it out.













Some Art Direction wouldn't go astray!

I'm very happy with the way it has turned out. It's wonderfully light & airy and soooo soft, I can't wait to wear it out.

Details:
Yarn: 2 skeins of Live 2 Knit 100% Peruvian Baby Alpaca 4 ply (sport weight) Discontinued (but would look lovely in Elizabeth - 100% Superwash Merino, or Katharine - 100% Silk)
Needles: 3.75mm (US5)
Started: 26th June 2005
Completed: 20th August 2005

I've had a few people asking for the pattern so here it is:
(Note: This stitch pattern was "borrowed" from a top found in Vogue Knitting Spring '04 edition)

Cast on 72 ststs
R1: K1, *YO, K8, K2tog. Rep from * to last st, K1
R2: P1, *P2tog, P7, YO, P1. Rep from * to last st, P1
R3: K1, *K2, YO, K6, K2tog. Rep from * to last st, K1
R4: P1, *P2tog, P5, YO, P3. Rep from * to last st, P1
R5: K1, *K4, YO, K4, K2tog. Rep from * to last st, K1
R6: P1, *P2tog, P3, YO, P5. Rep from * to last st, P1
R7: K1, *K6, YO, K2, K2tog. Rep from * to last st, K1
R8: P1, *P2tog, P1, YO, P7. Rep from * to last st, P1
R9: K1, *K2tog, YO, K8. Rep from * to last st, K1
R10: P1, *YO, P8, P2tog tbl. Rep from * to last st, P1
R11: K1, *SSK, K7, YO, K1. Rep from * to last st, K1
R12: P1, *P2, YO, P6, P2tog tbl. Rep from * to last st, P1
R13: K1, *SSK, K5, YO, K3. Rep from * to last st, K1
R14: P1, *P4, YO, P4, P2tog tbl. Rep from * to last st, P1
R15: K1, *SSK, K3, YO, K5. Rep from * to last st, K1
R16: P1, *P6, YO, P2, P2tog tbl. Rep from * to last st, P1
R17: K1, *SSK, K1, YO, K7. Rep from * to last st, K1
R18: P1, *P8, YO, P2tog tbl. Rep from * to last st, P1

Knit as many repeats as you like, then bind off loosely.
Comments:
the stole turned out lovely. i like how you were able to take the stitch pattern from something else and use it for someething new! good work.
 
The stole is wonderful!! I've printed out your directions and I'm thinking I may just have to try it!!
 
Love the stole... and the color (the way it shows up on my monitor anyway : ) Putting your pattern in my ever growing to do pile!
 
gorgeous...I love the pattern and may have to give it a try ... on a somewhat larger scale.
 
I would love to try this pattern, but I would like to make it wider. You cast on 72, but would any even number of stitches work? May I cast on 112, for example, and have the pattern work?
 
I'm late to the party, of course - can you tell me the yardage and the finished dimensions on this beauty?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?