Tuesday, March 29, 2005

 

Better Late Than Never

I'm a bit slow at passing news on at the moment, we've been busy landscaping our front garden & I haven't had much time to post even with the Easter long weekend just passed. To get ot us to speed this is what has been happening knitwise anyway.
I went to the Stitches & Craft show at the Caulfield Racecourse with Mum two weekends ago, there wasn't a great deal of yarn there, mostly quilting & scrapbooking stuff, which is really not my thing, but it gave me an opportunity to fondle some stuff I hadn't seen in the flesh before. Sarah was there with her Colinette stuff, very nice but I can't really see myself making anything with it, I think I'm more of a traditionalist, give me a 100% merino and I'm set. Threads & More were down from Queensland and they had some really yummy Noro, I couldn't get over how soft the Cash Iroha was, I'll have to get me some of that one day and the most interesting and thought provoking of the day was AK Traditions with the Bamboo and Soy Silk yarns, the wheels are turning and don't be surprised if you see some of that showing here soon.

I also finished Clapotis just in time for the gifting. It's my Grandma's birthday today and she as I'm sure you've already guessed was the intended recipient. I had just started my last ball of wool on Thursday night and had started on the decrease rows, I had finished two repeats of the drop stitch before realising that I had stuffed it up and hadn't dropped at both ends DOH!
I ended up getting up early on Friday morning, ripping it back and starting again but as I'd already dropped the stitches right down the stitches on either side were a bit loose for that bit but they seemed alright after blocking. The other thing is since I dyed the wool myself I did it a bit at a time, just as I needed it and the second last ball was a lot brighter than the one before and after and looks a bit funny I'm really not happy with the way that turned out but I'll live. Grandma loved it despite my dodginess or maybe I'm just too much of a perfectionist. Here it is in all it's dodgy glory:


Fini

So now the Clap is finished I'm back onto the socks, I attempted the hourglass heel out of the Twisted Sisters Sock Book last night while catching up on the last episode of Lost, what a great show, but it just isn't working for me, I think I'll go back to Wendy's short row heel for the time being and see how that works out.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?