Wednesday, November 03, 2004

 

Disaster!

After running out of wool umpteen times I was beginning to think my French Market Bag would never be finished but tadaaaa, here it is in all it's unfelted glory



I popped it into the washing machine with great anticipation and this is the mess that emerged



Some how or other I managed to make one of the handles longer than the other, the navy blue yarn felted much more quickly and much better than the lighter blue (which must be why the Sophie I made first didn't come out as well as I had hoped) and it's still enormous. I used 2 strands of the cosy wool using 7mm circs, I think I should have used just one strand.

I'm so disappointed, hopefully Sophie mk2 will have greater success.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?